A very warm welcome to our new blog!
I’m Laura, the Capita SIMS Web Editor. This means I’m responsible for all the content of our website - and now the blog!
Along with my eager band of bloggers, I’ll be doing my very best to reveal more, keeping you up to date with what’s going on in the world of SIMS and how schools are using technology to support improvement.
We’ll be using this blog to share useful ideas for getting the most out of SIMS, and giving you a little bit of insight into who we are along the way.
What can you expect?
- Top tips – we’re regularly delighted at the impact SIMS has in helping to improve school performance. Our Partnership Schools’ Coordinator, Claire Ashton will share the best practice she finds while out and about in schools up and down the country.
- Perspectives – schools are facing unprecedented change. Our Founder and Managing Director, Phil Neal will be taking a look at some of the pressing issues facing education, and the ways our technology can help.
- Product developments – our Head of Product Strategy Graham Cooper will be giving you sneak peeks into emerging SIMS technology and insight into how SIMS is developed. Also, watch this space for a first look at SIMS Agora before its official launch at Bett 2013!
- Technical updates – we’ll talk you through new SIMS stuff, from latest releases to our new customer portal that is due to replace SupportNet later this year.
- Event reports – we are busy preparing for our biggest Bett yet. We’ll be blogging before, during and after the show. Look out for photos!
Like the sound of the above? Want to stay up to date with SIMS? We’ll be blogging weekly, so bookmark www.capita-sims.co.uk/blog and return often – or sign up to our newsletter. If you use a news reader, you can also subscribe to our RSS feed for regular updates.
Tell us what you think
I’ve told you a bit about what we plan to share with you, but what do you think? If you have any suggestions about what we should be covering, do let us know and we’ll do our best to deliver it to you. Send us your comments below.