This half day course explores the pastoral arrangements for the new academic year including the new student intake, student leavers and associated procedures. This pastoral course complements the academic course. Before the new school year commences, both the academic and pastoral process must be completed in SIMS.
Let us help you find the right course
0800 170 1724
Benefits of attending
To gain an overview and understanding of the pastoral requirements of the new school year.
What you will learn
• creating the new academic year
• make pastoral structure adjustments including creating new registration groups
• the pastoral promotion process to update year group and class group memberships for the new school year
• dealing with admissions including the creation of pre-admission groups and importing data from LA ATF and CTFs
• processing leavers
• housekeeping routines.
Who is it for?
Staff with responsibility for preparing SIMS for the new academic year who have a basic knowledge of SIMS, including administrative staff, pastoral officers and data managers.
• Preparing for a New School Year (Academic) – Secondary
• School Census – Secondary
• SIMS Office User – Top Tips and Techniques
• Standard Reporting
- Phase of education
- Delivery Type
- Face to face
- Areas of responsibility
- PastoralAdministrative StaffData Manager
- Course code
- Half Day
- Products covered
- SIMS Core Suite