This full day course is aimed at new users of SIMS or users new to year end procedures and explores configuring SIMS for the new school year including setting up the new pastoral structure and dealing with admissions. Before the new school year commences, the pastoral process must be completed in SIMS.
Let us help you find the right course
0800 170 1724
Benefits of attending
To gain an overview and understanding of the requirements of the new school year, including dealing with the new school year admissions and leavers. The full day course will provide delegates with more time to practice new skills.
What you will learn
• create a new academic year and set up the school diary
• record changes to teaching staff
• make pastoral structure adjustments including creating new class groups
• undertake pastoral promotion routines to update year group and class group memberships for the new school year and print class lists
• create new intake groups and pre-admission groups including the import of data from the LA ATF and CTFs
• process leavers
• perform general housekeeping routines
• producing required reports.
Who is it for?
Staff with responsibility for preparing SIMS for the new school year who are new to the role, including Pastoral Officers, Administrative Staff and Data Managers.
• SIMS Office User – Primary
• SIMS Office User - Top Tips and Techniques
• Standard Reporting
• Key Stage Entry Explained.
• School Census – Primary.
- Phase of education
- Delivery Type
- Face to face
- Areas of responsibility
- PastoralAdministrative StaffData Manager
- Course code
- 1 Day
Upcoming scheduled courses